Join NBHS Academic Booster Club
Founded in 1989, the Academic Booster Club (ABC) strives to honor and acknowledge academic achievement and excellence of Broughton students. ABC’s success depends on membership dues, donations, BHS parent and faculty involvement, and community corporate sponsors.
If you have questions, contact ABC chair, Hope Carmichael: email@example.com.
Your financial support enables the following programs:
- Student Planners: Given to every student, planners aid in organization and time management, as well as providing important school information, calendar dates and the Student Handbook.
- Teacher Grants: ABC provides the dollars for the web based software enabling web assignments as well as individual approved grant requests that support academic needs and achievement at all levels
Recognition of Academic Achievement
- CAPS on a Roll: Foyer showcase recognizes students for academic excellence or improvement.
- Achievement Showcase: Foyer showcase features achievements of students, faculty & alumni.
- Honor Roll Coupons: Mailed to students with a 3.8 and higher GPA each quarter for treats and discounts from supporting area businesses.
Events to Honor Academic Excellence
- All A Breakfasts: Fall and spring breakfasts for students earning all A’s for the semester.
- Senior 4.2 Dinner: Special dinner for seniors with a four-year 4.2 cumulative GPA.
- Honors Receptions: Assembly and reception for students with a 3.8 and higher cumulative GPA and their parents.
Recognition Support for Graduates
- N.C. Scholars Medals: For graduates who fulfill N.C. Scholars Program requirements.
- Purple Honor Cords: For graduates with a cumulative 3.8 and higher GPA.
- Valedictorian/Salutatorian Recognition: Highest academic achievement in graduating class.
To join, please complete and return this form or join and pay online at https://nbhs-academic-booster-club-2016-2017.cheddarup.com.